Who is responsible for your data?
We control the ways in which your personal data is collected and the purposes for which your personal data is used by us as the data controller for the purposes of the UK Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998 and General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
Personal data we collect and hold about you
Categories of Data we may collect and process
We may collect and process the following categories of information about you.
Your name, email address, company, telephone number, postal address
– When you make a request to us to make contact with you regarding our services or products
Information about any transaction, including your payment card or account details
– When you purchase our services or a product from us
The communications you exchange with us regarding our services or products
– When you contact us, or when we contact you, regarding particular projects or products
How and why we use your personal data?
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To manage the products and services you wish to hold with us and to comply with the law.
- To provide our products and services to you – we will use your information to perform our services in relation to your required products and services. For example, to share drawings with our employees in order to provide the steelwork/products you have ordered.
- To communicate with you and manage our relationship with you relating to our products or We may need to contact you by telephone, email or post, to share updates with you regarding your order and the product or services you have with us.
- To arrange, alter, cancel or postpone an appointment/meeting – we will use the information you have provided to us either through our company website or from an email, post or telephone enquiry.
- To continually improve our services and products and protect our business interests, we will contact you regarding purchase orders, order acknowledgements, delivery notes, accounting, billing and audit, credit or other payment card verifications, and any other process driven needs or requirements of the company.
- To inform you about news regarding our products and services which may be of interest to you – this may be in the form of an email, letter or a telephone call. We will also provide you with any useful news and developments in our products and services. This is not exhaustive and is subject to change. You can change the way in which you receive information from Metafab Solutions Ltd. At any time by emailing us at : Sales@metafabs.com
Please note that we do not share your contact details and/or personal data with any other companies for marketing purposes. If you do not wish to receive communication from us, you can inform us via email at: Sales@metafabs.com or you can call us on 01594 839220 at any time.
How long we will hold your personal data?
To ensure that we comply with the Data Protection Regulations (1998) and the General Data Protection Regulations (2018) we will:
- Comply with HMRC legal obligations and keep records, including invoices, for 6 years from the end of the last company financial year to which they relate
- We will follow up any enquiry you make with us and stay in contact until such time as the product or services are delivered and/or completed on site as far as is reasonably practicable for us to do
- You have the right to request access to the personal data that the company holds about
We will provide this information to you within one month of the initial request, free of charge. Any additional copies may be chargeable.
- If you would like for us to remove your personal data, please email us at : Sales@metafabs.com or telephone us to make your request on 01594 839220. Your request should include the following:
Your name Your company
Your full postal address
A telephone number where you can be contqacted
Signed authority from the individual whose data is required if you are requesting on their behalf
Security of your personal data
We are committed to taking appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal and professional data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of information shared with us through our company website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your enquiry, we will follow our strict processes and procedures to secure your personal information.
We may, in some instances, share your personal data/information with third parties in the course of our work activity and to fulfil the agreement between us for our products and/or services. This information is not being, nor will be, shared for marketing purposes.
In order to improve our services, and to provide you with more relevant content as well as analyse how our visitors use our website, we may use technology such as cookies or other applications to monitor usage. In most circumstances, we would be unable to identify you.